The Planning and Monitoring Division (PMD) is created with the purpose of coordinating the process of programme formulation, monitoring, evaluation and submitting periodic reports and returns to the MHRD. It acts as a clearing house in respect to the academic programmes/activities of NCERT. To achieve its objectives, PMD issues guidelines, prepares various documents for dissemination of information and also prepares ‘Vision Document of NCERT’.
Role and Functions of the Planning and Monitoring Division (PMD)
Programming and Monitoring Division (PMD) co-ordinates the implementation of the programmes and activities of NCERT by structuring and configuring its policies and also evaluates all Programme Advisory Committee (PAC) approved-programmes. The following are the functions of the Division:
- Preparation of NCERT Vision document;
- Preparation of Annual Report of NCERT;
- Preparation of NCERT component for the Annual Report of MHRD;
- Preparation, development and updating of general guidelines for formulation of academic programmes;
- Preparation of time schedule and participation in the meeting of programme processing committees: Departmental Advisory Boards, Academic Committee, Institute Advisory Boards and Management Committees;
- Convening Programme Advisory Committee meetings;
- Quarterly monitoring of the progress of programme implementation undertaken by the constituents/departments; collection and processing of information through follow up actions;
- Preparation of action taken report on Human Rights recommendations for MHRD;
- Preparation of separate statements of programmes proposed including budget for Special Component Plan (SCP) and Tribal Sub-Plan (TSP);
- Preparation of Annual Programme Budget of the NCERT;
- Processing of proposals for grant-in-aid to Professional Educational Organizations;
- Processing of proposals of PAC approved programmes for administrative-cum-financial sanctions;
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly including special reports on SC/ST/Minorities;
- Preparation of separate reports of the progress of the programmes including expenditure related to North-Eastern Region (NER), Girl Education; and
- Review of programme proposals for NIE Departments, CIET, PSSCIVE and RIEs for duplication and financial aspects as per recommendations of meetings of the PAC.
Apart from the regular activities, PMD is also engaged in research, development, training and extension programmes in the areas of project planning, programming, monitoring, networking and evaluation. The division has undertaken research studies on the functioning of DIETs and case studies of MCD schools in Delhi. The development and the training programmes of the division concentrate on improving the efficiency of DIET faculty in the area of project planning, programming, monitoring and evaluation.