Profile Updated Upto: 16 July 2012
Dr. Anjni Koul
Experience: 13 years of Research/ Teaching experience (excluding the period spent for obtaining M. Phil and Ph. D degrees) in National and International Laboratories / Universities.
- CSIR Research Associate in School of Life Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi (1991- 1997).
- Post Doctoral Fellow in Department of Dermatology , Case Western University , Cleveland , Ohio, U.S.A ( 1997- 1998).
- Pool Scientist (CSIR) in Department of Biochemistry, Punjab University, Chandigarh (1999- 2001).
- Presently working as a Lecturer ( Chemistry) in Department of Education in Science and Mathematics, NCERT (2001-Till date).
- Koul, A., Chandra, J & Prasad, R “Status of membrane lipids in the morphogenesis of Candida albicans” Biochemistry and Molecular Biology International 35 (6), 1215, Australia, 1995.
- Khaware, R.K., Koul, A. & Prasad, R., “High membrane fluidity is related to NaCl stress in Candia membranefaciens” Biochemistry and Molecular Biology International, 35 (4), 875, Australia, 1995.
- Pande, C.S., Mann, S.K. & Koul, A “Analysis of Oils form Seeds of a cultivated stone fruits of Himachal Pradesh” Journal of Economic Botanists and Phytochemists, Vol. 1, 1990.
- Koul, A. & Prasad, R. “Extraction of Members Lipids”, in Manual on Membrane Lipids, Prasad, R., ed., Springer – Verlag Berlin Heidelberg, New York, U.S.A. , 1996.
- “Lipids, of Candida albicans”, in lipids of pathogenic Fungi, Prasad, R., Koul, A., Mukherjee, P.K. Ghannoum M.A. Prasad, R. & Ghannoum, M.A., eds. CRC Press, Boca Raton, U.S.A. , 1996.
- Steven D. Leidich, Ashraf, S. Ibraghim, Yuye fu, Anjni Koul, Chad Jassup, John Vitullo, William Fonzi, Fariba Mirbod, Shigeru Nakashima, Yoshinori Nozawa & Mahmoud A. Ghannoum, “Cloning and Disruption of Ca PLBI, a phospholipase B Gene involved in the pathogenicity of Candida albicans. The Journal of Biological chemistry (JBC) 273 (40), p.p. 26078 – 26086, U.S.A., 1998.
- Koul, A., Vitrullo, J., Reyes, G. & Ghannoum, M.A., “Effect of Voriconazole on Candida glabrate in vitro”, Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy, 44, 109-112, British Society for Antimicrobial Chemotherapy, 1999.
- Bayor, A.S., Prasad, R., Chandra, J., Koul A, Smriti, M. Varma, A. Skurray, R.A., Firth, N. Brown, M.H., Koo Su-Pin & yeaman, M.R., “In Vitro Resistance of Staphylococcus aureus to Thrombin induced paltelet Microbicidal protein is Associated with Alterations in Cytoplasmic Membrance Fluidity”, Infect. Immun. 66 (4) p.p. 3548 – 3552, U.S.A., 2000.
- Koul, Anjni, “Teaching of Science through Distance Education”, University News, July 1, 1991.
- Koul, Anjni, “Science Education through Mass Media”, University News, November 4, 1991.
- Koul, Anjni, “Evaluation Models for Distance Education:” University News, March 2, 1992.
- Koul, Anjni, Bharat Bhushan, “Innovative Distance Education – new Operational Strategies”, Journal of Distance Education, Vol. 4, No. 4, March 1992.
- Pande, C.S. Mann, S.K. & Koul, A., Paper titled “Oil from wild species of plants in Himachal Pradesh” presented at the Seventh Annual Meeting of Indian Council of Chemists, Sri Venkateshwara University, Tiruypati, October, 1989.
- Pande, C.S. Mann, S.K. & Koul A., Paper titled “Analysis of Oils from the seeds of cultivated species of fruits in Himachal Pradesh”, presented at the 45th annual convention and Symposium of Oil Technologists of India, New Delhi, 1990. .
- Koul, A. Chandra, J. & Prasad, R., Paper titled “Role of Membrane Lipids in Morphogenesis of Candida albicans” at the 16th International Congress of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, New Delhi, 1994.
- Prasad, R., Koul A., Belinger, P., Sanati, H. & Ghannoum, M.A. paper titled “Effect of UK 109, 496 on transport of amino acids in Fluconazole resistant and Fluconazole sensitive Candida albicans.” Presented at the 96th general meeting of the American Society for Microbiology, New Orleans, U.S.A. , 1996. .
- Koul, A., Vitrula, J. & Ghannoum, M.A. Paper titled Effect of Voriconazole against Candida glabrata in vitro’ at the 4th congress of European Confederation of Medical Mycology, Scotland, UK,1998.
- A Study of the efficacy and appropriateness of the Activities of Science Text book in the light of skills and abilities of students of class VI. (2003-2004; Principal Investigator) .
- Koul, A., Jessup, C.J., Deluca, D.J., Klnicky, C.J., Washburn, R.G. & Ghannoum, M.A. Paper titled. Phospholipase B is the predominant Phospholipase secreted by Aspergillus fumigatus and Aspergillus flavus’ at the 98th General meeting of the American Society for Microbiology, Atlanta, U.S.A. ,1998.
Work Experience In NCERT : Development :
- One of the authors in Science and Technology Textbook – Class X.
- Coordinator and one of the authors for the development of Laboratory Manual in Science and Technology for Secondary Stage.
- One of the authors for the development of Self Learning Module for teachers of Secondary Stage.
- One of the authors for the development of Laboratory Manual in Chemistry for Higher Secondary Stage.
- Integration of Disaster Management and Mitigation into NCERT Curriculum.
Research cum Development:
- Compilation of data and submission of Evaluation Report in Science and Technology Textbooks for Upper Primary Stage (Classes VI- VII).
- Evaluation of Science and Technology Textbooks for Secondary Stage .
- Evaluation of Chemistry Textbook for Higher Secondary stage.
- Design and Development of Science and Technology Kit for Upper Primary Stage. Training.
- Training of Resource Persons/ Teachers in Chemistry at Higher Secondary Stage.
Research cum Development:
- Coordinator for Evaluation of NCERT Science and Technology Textbook for Upper Primary Stage (Class VIII).
- Design and Development of Semi- Micro/ Micro – scale Laboratory Techniques in Chemistry practical course at Higher Secondary Stage.
- Development of Problem Book in Chemistry for Higher Secondary Stage.
- Development of Resource Centre for Science and Mathematics Education.
- DDesign and Development of Innovative Concept based Experiments / Activities in Chemistry at Higher Secondary Stage.
- Jawaharlal Nehru National Science Exhibition for Children, 2004-2005.
“School Science” – A Quarterly Journal (Member of Editorial Group).
- Participated in the Orientation Programme for NCERT faculty, organized by DTEE, NCERT, New Delhi, 2002.