Last Updated: 28 Nov 2011
The Department of Computer Education and Technological Aids(DCETA) has been leading the movement for ICT infusion in the school system, advising appropriate and viable choices of technology, developing models for technology applications in teaching learning, capacity building in the system, develop curricula and learning materials has been the major foci of this department.
The department has also been catalyzing ICT applications within the NCERT, managing the infrastructure, developing and maintaining the websites, providing technological support to initiatives across departments, and customized on demand capacity building.
Over the years, the Department has been able to establish its presence in the field of ICT in School Education. The activities include
- Participation and leadership in various Committees set up by the Ministry of Human Resources Development of the Government of India and different state counterparts in ICT initiatives
- Development of web interfaces for the wider dissemination of learning materials. This includes hosting the textbooks developed at NCERT on http://www.ncert.nic.in
- Capacity building activities for teachers and teacher educators across the country, particularly the DIET
- Development of curricula and syllabus outlines for ICT across all stages of school education. It is in the process of developing a course and textbooks for the plus two students, particularly from the humanities and commerce streams
- Development of model multimedia learning materials. A variety of interfaces and technology have been explored, deployment of such materials on the web, use of other language interfaces, accessibility are some of the future directions for exploration